Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can We Eat Like That and Be Healthy?


I don’t remember how I got to this web site – chooseveg.com. But I did. And now I can’t move on without thinking about what I saw and posting about it.

Does this ever happen to you? You read stuff on the internet, then you start to click links and jump from blog to blog, from site to site, from blog to site, and then you end up with something either tremendously interesting, or extremely boring, or shockingly outrageous, and then you realize that you have sat in front of the computer for a few hours.

This is how I ran into this movie that shows the horrific treatment that “farm” animals get from the day they are born until they get to our table. You have got to watch this video!

I can’t believe people can be healthy when they are eating animals that have suffered so much all their lives. Such cruelty! You have got to see this! Click here to watch the video.

I’m not saying you should become a vegetarian. I know I can’t. But I strongly believe that we do get sick because we eat food=animals that have suffered so much!

What can we do besides giving up totally on eating animals and becoming vegetarians?
These animals serve our needs! What choices can we make so these animals get to live a respectful, healthier, and better life, just like us?

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Yikes! I couldn't even get thru the whole video...very sad! I've been wanting to try to have at least one day every week where all our meals are vegetarian.

Liz Stambaugh said...

I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

ChefBliss.com said...

I couldn't watch the video because I know what it contains. And because of that we eat very carefully and we eat grass fed from local farms whenever we can. I love your sites, and I'm glad you started this one. I look forward to more! Have you ever used coconut oil or read anything about it?